What are the benefits of listing heavy items on eBay?
RevolutionParts customers have the ability to sell heavy items that require freight shipping through eBay. Now, your number of listings will increase and the benefit to you is more revenue! RevolutionParts has also partnered with eBay to analyze their top-selling products which includes heavy items such as engines and transmissions.
How do I enable listing heavy items on eBay?
- Log into your account and click on the Gear icon
- Click Settings
- In eBay stores selling channel, click Listing Filters
- Check the setting "List heavier items (like engines) on eBay and apply freight shipping".
- Hit “Save Changes”.
- A confirmation modal will appear and hit “Confirm”.
- eBay listings can now be created for heavy products.
Note: This will be checked by default for new customers.
How does this impact you if you already had an active eBay selling channel?
If you already have an active eBay selling channel, then you can choose to enable listing heavy products. If you are a new customer, listing heavy products will be enabled by default.
Once heavy items are enabled, how does this work?
- As a best practice, please ensure you have Automatically Push “Ready to List” Listings Live setting checked.
- This setting will be within your eBay selling channel under General
- Once heavy items and Automatically Push “Ready to List” Listings live settings are enabled, then RevolutionParts will list this on eBay for you if the item is in stock.
- RevolutionParts will also set a default freight shipping rate, which you have the ability to edit.
What is my freight shipping cost set at when listing heavy parts?
- When the setting "List heavier items (like engines) on eBay and apply freight shipping" is enabled, on the Listing Filters page, then default flat freight rate shipping is applied at $200
- To access and modify freight shipping click the blue hyperlink "Default freight shipping has been applied. Click here to review or modify it." When clicked, this should take to the eBay Shipping settings page.
- Here you can modify freight shipping for heavy items by changing the fixed rate in the first box an additional amount per pound (which is optional).
- Hit “Save Changes” if you have made any modifications.
What are freight shipping best practices on eBay?
- As a best practice, we recommend enabling the setting to Include estimated shipping in item price and mark as "Free Shipping".
- Generally, we see a greater conversion rate on eBay.
- If this setting is enabled, the freight charge will be combined in the price on the eBay listing.
Uploading Freight Tracking on eBay
- After an order is fulfilled, we recommend the dealer upload tracking numbers within eBay. Please be sure to tag the correct freight carrier and then tracking will be available for buyers.
- Doing this step will reduce inquiries about the status of that purchase while also minimizing “Item Not Received” claims.
- Here are a couple of eBay pages to reference: