Uploading Inventory Manually
note: You can also watch this video on how to upload inventory
To manually upload inventory files for your warehouse(s),
- Click on Products in the top menu.
- Select Inventory from the left-side menu, then Uploads.
- Click the green "+Upload Inventory File" button in the top-right corner.
- Select your inventory file
The inventory uploader accepts a number of common filetypes, including .csv, .xls, and .xlsx. As long as your file has columns with headers relating to partnumber and quantity in some way, our system will accept it! This includes inventory files provided by most popular DMS systems; you can upload these files as-is, without needing to reformat them.
click this link to download our template
- Once you've found your inventory file, click "Select File," then choose it.
- Next, set the warehouse and manufacturer associated with the inventory file.
- Once everything is configured, click the "Upload" button to load the file into the system.
Uploading Inventory Files via FTPS
You can upload your inventory to the system by dropping it right into our FTPS server! Configuration is super simple, and our system provides you with the necessary filename and FTPS server URL. Simply use the FTPS client of your choice to upload your files, and if they're named as designated by the Control Panel, they'll automatically apply your inventory. To configure the FTPS upload method,
- Click on Products in the top-menu.
- Select Inventory from the left-side menu, then Configuration.
- After that, click the green "+ FTP Inventory Feed" button on the top-right corner.
- In the popup that appears, select the warehouse and manufacturer associated with your file.
- Although you may not have an inventory file yet, you'll need to set up and save the configuration before any FTPS uploads will work.
- IMPORTANT: the name of your inventory file is how our server will identify your files. The required filename is given to you in the popup. You must name your .csv inventory file to match this filename exactly, otherwise your uploads won't work. Your filename consists of the word "inventory," a dash, your unique file ID, and a .csv file extension.
- You can use any FTPS client to connect to our server at the address provided in the popup. For copy/paste reasons, the FTP server address URL is:
- Click the "Save Inventory Feed" button to save your configuration.
Once the FTPS feed is configured, you can access our server at the address above and drop/upload your inventory file (matching the name provided in the popup). Using this method, you won't have to log into the Control Panel to manually upload inventory.