Letting your customers know what you do (and don't) have in stock can be helpful in their decision-making process! You can configure the inventory messages that appear on your Web Store product pages by using the tools below.
(For help uploading inventory, check out the article below!)
How to Upload Inventory
To enable and configure inventory messages,
Log into your RevolutionParts Control Panel, then click the gear in the top-right corner.
In the left-side menu, find your Web Store under the Selling Channels section, then click on, "Inventory."
The following page will allow you to enable inventory messaging, as well as configure the messages themselves.
To enable inventory messaging, change the field called "Inventory Control" to "Yes."
There are four configurable message fields depending on stock level and time of day:
In Stock: Before Same-Day Cutoff Time
- This message appears when a buyer loads a product page before your Warehouse's same-day cutoff time. The text replacements show the time remaining before the cutoff time.
In Stock: After Same-Day Cutoff Time
- This message appears when a buyer loads a product page after your Warehouse's same-day cutoff time. The text replacement designates the next business day the product can be expected to ship.
- This message appears when a buyer loads a product page. If the warehouse you are shipping the product from is a “Ship from location,” you can inform the buyer that the item can get picked up in person. The text replacements are taken from the address of the warehouse. This message will only display if quantity on hand (QOH) > 0.
Out of Stock
- This message appears when quantity is out of stock (QOH = 0 or N/A).
When you're done configuring the messages, click the "Save Changes" button in the top-right corner.
That's it! Your inventory messages will automatically display on the product for which you have inventory. Your messages will appear above the "Add to Cart" section, shown below.
Your "In Stock: Same-Day" messages will display a secondary message that says something along the lines of, "Orders placed within (time remaining) will ship (next business day)." To configure this cutoff time, you'll need to edit your ship-from Warehouse.
To configure your Warehouse cutoff time,
Click on "Inventory," then "Warehouses" in the left-side menu.
- Find the row for the Warehouse you want to configure, then click the Warehouse's name
Scroll down to find the "Shipping" section of the Warehouse settings. Find the field "Same-Day Cutoff Time for In Stock Items" and set it to the desired cutoff time.
Click "Save Changes" in the top-right corner.
That's it! Your changes will take place immediately, and affect all current and future inventory messages.