To start selling on eBay, you will first need to set up a seller account. Make sure you have the following information handy:
- Your legal business name.
- Your business email address.
- Your business phone number.
- Your business physical address.
- Your Federal Employer ID number.
- A credit/debit card (has to be on file with eBay in order to pay seller fees).
- A verified PayPal account.
Once you have this information:
- Go to ebay.com and click on the "Register" link in the top-left corner.
- Select the radio button to create a business account, then follow the prompts to create your account.
You'll need to link your PayPal account to your eBay store.
- Click on "PayPal Account" from the left-side menu.
- Click on the "Link My PayPal Account" button.
- Log into your PayPal account and follow the prompts to link your account.
Now you'll need to add a store subscription.
- Add a store subscription by navigating to your account settings.
- From the left-side menu, choose "Subscriptions."
- Under the "eBay Stores" section, select "Subscribe" on any of the links, then follow the prompts to create your store.