eBay's Vacation Mode is useful if you need to temporarily prevent orders from coming in. Be aware that you should only use this setting if the person who usually processes orders is on vacation or otherwise unavailable, or you have a staffing turnover and need time to hire someone to process orders.
To turn on your Store vacation settings,
- Click the Messages tab in My eBay.
- Select Change settings.
- In the Store vacation settings section, select Turn ON.
- If you'd like to hide your fixed price listings from eBay search results and Store pages and block buyers from buying the items in these listings while you're away, select Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings. (This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.)
- If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided.
- In the Message to display on your storefront section, edit the default text displayed in the text box if you'd like to customize it.
- Click Apply.
That's it! Your eBay store should now be on Vacation Mode, and not accept any new orders until Vacation Mode is turned off. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team by emailing [email protected]. Happy selling!
These instructions were pulled directly from eBay's page describing how to enable Vacation Mode. To read their article, click here.