If you need to take a break from eBay and won't be able to process your sales as normal, you can schedule some time away.
You can manage your time away in your Time Away settings. As well as scheduling how long you'll be away for, you can choose if you want to pause your sales or allow them to continue. You can also set an automatic response for buyers who contact you through eBay Messages while you're away.Go to Time Away settings
While you're on time away, you still need to uphold commitments to your buyers, such as fulfilling orders sold before your time away start date and responding to any open buyer requests related to items sold before your time away start date. eBay fees (such as listing-related fees or any subscription fees you have) will also continue to apply during your time away.
Schedule time away
Here's how to schedule your time away if needed:
- Go to your Time Away settings.
- Select Schedule time away.
- Select Allow item sales or Pause item sales while on time away.
- Set a Start date and End date for your time away.
- To start your time away immediately, select today’s date.
- Select Apply.
When scheduling your time away, keep in mind:
- If you choose today's date, a message at the top of your listings letting buyers know you're on time away will display within minutes. It will take a few hours to update the estimated delivery date for your listings. If you chose Pause item sales, it will take a few hours for your listings to be hidden
- If you choose a later date, your time away will begin at 12:01am on your scheduled start date and finish at 11:59pm on your scheduled end date
- If you allow item sales, your time away can be up to 15 days
- If you pause item sales, your time away can be up to up to 30 days
- You should schedule your time away to start a day before your time off to accommodate any last day orders and end it a day later than your return date to process any pending orders
Whether you choose to allow sales or pause them, delivery dates won't be updated for:
- Second Chance Offers
- Auto-accepted offers
- Pending counter-offers
- Seller initiated offers accepted during Time Away
- Items with local pickup, in-store pickup, or Global Shipping Program as the shipping option
- Digital items
You may want to change the shipping format or the handling times on these items while on time away.
When you allow item sales to continue while you're away, it's important to remember the following points:
- Your listings will still be visible and buyers can still purchase your items
- However, buyers will see a message at the top of your listings letting them know that you are on time away
- Excluding the instances above in which delivery dates won't be updated, you don't need to make any manual changes to your handling time since the estimated delivery dates will also be automatically updated in the Shipping and Delivery section of your listings to ensure you do not need to ship items while you are away
When you pause item sales, remember the following:
- Fixed price listings will be hidden from search results and buyers won't be able to purchase your items
- If a buyer previously added one of your items to their Watchlist or cart and tries to buy it while you're away, they won't be able to complete the purchase. They'll see a note stating that you're not processing orders until the time away end date
- It can take a few hours for your fixed price listings to become hidden, so we recommend setting your time away in advance whenever possible
- After time away ends it can take a couple of hours for your listings to re-appear in search results. Listings will re-appear automatically, you do not need to edit your listings
Auction listings: When you pause item sales, buyers will still be able to see and buy your auction-style listings but they'll see a message at the top of the listing informing them that you're on time away. The estimated delivery date will also be updated in the Shipping and Delivery section.
End time away early
Here's how to end your time away earlier than the scheduled date:
- Go toTime away settings.
- SelectCancel time awayor set theEnd dateto an earlier date.
If you cancel time away or set the end date to today's date, it can take a couple of hours for your listings to appear in search results.
You can set up an automatic response for buyers who contact you through eBay Messages during your time away. Here's how:
- Go to Time away settings.
- SelectAutomatic response.
- SelectMessage when on time away.
- Set aStart dateandEnd datefor your message.
- Type your message in theAutomatic responsebox.
Once you've set up your automatic response, any buyers who contact you will receive a message letting them know when you're back.
These instructions were pulled directly from eBay's page describing how to enable Vacation Mode. To read their article, click here.