What’s the Top Rated Seller Program?
Sellers who deliver exceptional customer service may qualify for eBay’s Top Rated Seller program. We support Top Rated Sellers with exclusive benefits that can help boost your listings visibility, improve conversion, save money, and protect you from abusive buying behavior and events outside your control.
Top Rated Sellers receive enhanced visibility in eBay search results and exclusive seller protections. By becoming a Top Rated Seller, you will also be eligible to receive a Top Rated Plus seal that will be prominently displayed with your qualifying listings. The Top Rated Plus seal lets shoppers know they can buy with confidence when they purchase your items.
Additional Seller Protections for Top Rated Sellers
We protect all sellersfrom abusive buying behavior and from events outside their control. Your track record matters on eBay, and we’ll support you when you deliver on your service promise and provide a good buying experience.
Top Rated Sellers who reside in the US and list on eBay.com receive additional protections benefits when they offer 30-day-or-longer returns.
Return shipping label credit for false “item not as described” claims
If a buyer falsely claims an item was “not as described,” we’ll protect you on eligible transactions. We’ll reimburse your return shipping label cost up to $6 per return. You’ll receive the return shipping label credit on your monthly invoice and we’ll automatically remove any negative and neutral feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics.
Up to 50% refund deduction for decreased value on used or damaged returns
When you issue a refund for an item that was returned after it was used or damaged by a buyer, and you have a track record of delivering on your service promise, we’ll give you the ability to protect yourself by deducting up to 50% of the refund to recover the decreased value of the item. If there are any issues with buyers that may negatively impact you, we’ll take care of them by removing any negative and neutral feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics.
Qualify as a Top Rated Seller
To become a Top Rated Seller, you must meet the following guidelines:
- An eBay account that’s been active for at least 90 days.
- 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers.
- A defect rate less than or equal to 0.5%, with three or fewer defects from unique buyers.
- Cases closed without seller resolution less than or equal to 0.3%, and two or fewer cases.
- A late shipment rate less than or equal to 3%, and five or fewer late shipments.
- Tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, and carrier validation for 95% of transactions to US buyers.
Once you meet these requirements, we will automatically upgrade you to the Top Rated Seller status at your next evaluation.
Take Your Seller Performance to the Next Level with Top Rated Plus
As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for a Top Rated Plus seal and additional benefits when your listings offer the following services:
- Same or one-business-day handling,and
- A 30-day-or-longer free return period with money back option.
You can choose to offer these in some or all listings. For listings that qualify, you earn the following benefits
- The Top Rated Plus seal, displayed prominently in search results and your listing description.
- A 10% discount on final value fees.
This information was copied from eBay's site directly. For more information, click here.