In this article, you'll learn how to add installation instructions to a product page!
First, make sure you have the installation instructions PDF (or image file) ready for upload. The File Manager can only accept files 2MB or smaller, so if your PDF is larger than this, you'll either need to A) decrease the file size by making the resolution of the PDF lower, or B) split the PDF into multiple files that don't exceed the 2MB limit.
Once your file is under 2MB, you are ready to upload it to your site!
- Log in to your RevolutionParts account and click the gear on the top-right corner to access your Account Settings.
- Then, use the left-side menu to find your store under the "Selling Channels" section. Click to expand your store options, then click, "Design," then click, "File Manager."
- Once the File Manager section loads, click the button in the center of the page to upload your desired file(s) (or drag and drop your files to the space indicated).
- Once your file(s) are uploaded, they'll be listed underneath the upload area.
- Click the "eye" icon to the right of any file to view it in the File Manager. While viewing the image/file, right-click on it and open it in a new window. Opening the file reveals the direct URL file path for that file in address bar of your web browser.
Copy this URL.
Now that you have the URL of your document copied, it's time to add the link to your desired product page.
- Click on "Products" in the top-menu
- Search for the product you want using the search box on the top-left
- Click on the product's part number to open its Product Page
- On the right side of the Product Page, scroll down to the "Description" field
- Copy and paste the following code into the "Part Description" field:
<hr><span style="font-size:20px;"><a href="FILE-PATH-URL">Click here!</a></span><hr>
Once the code has been entered into the field, paste the file path (the URL you copied a few minutes ago from Step 5), and replace "FILE-PATH-URL" in the code with the file path URL you copied. Your code should look something like this:
<hr><span style="font-size:20px;"><a href="https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/8b5a6395197252c1f3a6d30973fba636/design/Install-Instructions1.pdf"</a>Click here!</span><hr>
Now, all you have to do is change the name of your link. To do that, highlight the second mention of your filename (the one not contained by these - "<>"), and change it to whatever you'd like. We recommend something simple, like "Click here for installation instructions!" Once changed, your code should resemble something like this:
<hr><span style="font-size:20px;"><a href="https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/8b5a6395197252c1f3a6d30973fba636/design/Install-Instructions1.pdf">Click here for installation instructions!</a></span><hr>
When you're satisfied with your code, click "Save Changes" in the top-right corner of the Product Page. Now when you visit the product page on the front end of the site, you'll see the installation instructions link in the product description!