PLEASE NOTE: this article discusses how to add an existing tracking number to an order. If you want to generate a shipping label through the order page, read this article.
This article will walk you through manually adding a shipment to an order.
Before you proceed in creating shipment details for any order, please be sure of the following:
- The part(s) ordered is/are in stock
- You have collected the funds for the order
- The fraud score for the order is satisfactory
- The shipping address provided is valid
- The item(s) price(s) and shipping price are correct
- You have the tracking #'s that were generated externally (outside RevolutionParts)
- Navigate to the desired order and select Complete Order (located in the upper right) OR Create Shipment" (located below the subtotal section).
- You'll be taken to the Order Fulfillment page. This is where you'll select and deselect which parts will be included in this shipment.
- After you've selected the parts you want to ship, select "Enter Tracking #".
- This shipping option will reflect additional tracking info needed.
NOTE: this method is to be used for manually recording shipping details that were generated without use of a shipping manager. You will need to get the tracking information directly from your shipping account (ie. UPS, FedEx or USPS).
Carrier: Select shipper from dropdown or select other and enter the pertinent info.
- Enter your cost to for the shipment and the tracking # generated externally.
NOTE: If shipping parts in multiple packages, you can enter the other track # by clicking Add Tracking Number.
- By default the customer will be notified their order has shipped along with the tracking #. If you do not want this deselect this option. Also, selecting Print Packing Slip will generate the packing slip when Ship & Complete is clicked.
Once you have selected your options, click Ship & Complete.
- Once the order has been completed, you will see the confirmation at the top of the order.
- Completed will be reflected at the top the the order and the tracking # (s) you entered will be above the parts in the order.
- Get the box to your shipping carrier and you're all set!