Same-Day Delivery Overview
Same-Day Delivery, formerly known as Local Delivery, is a RevolutionParts service enabling instant access to hot-shot drivers for swift pickups and deliveries from point A to point B. Ideal for a range of needs, it is commonly used for deliveries to nearby wholesalers, repair shops, and online orders.
Experience the efficiency of Same-Day Delivery. Utilize partnerships with Doordash, Uber, Roadie, Shipt, and others for fast local order fulfillment. Key benefits include:
- Quick Fulfillment: Speedily complete local orders for enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Parts Sourcing Flexibility: Access a diverse network of last-mile providers to source parts from various external sources, expand inventory, and promptly fulfill customer demands.
- Cost-Efficiency: Optimize delivery routes and reduce shipping costs for nearby orders.
How to Use Same-Day Delivery
Same-Day Delivery can be used in two scenarios. It can be leveraged as a fulfillment option to complete an order when the customer lives close to the dealership or can be created as a one-off to send or receive parts quickly, independent of an order.
To schedule a delivery:
- Log in to your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click "Same Day Delivery" in the top menu.
- The Same-Day Delivery page shows you all Active deliveries (if any). You can view deliveries in other statuses by clicking the desired status at the top of the page.
4. Click the red "Schedule Delivery" button on the top right to schedule a new delivery.
5. Enter the pickup and delivery locations. You can enter either business names or addresses.
6. Select the type of vehicle you want to use for your delivery. As of March 2021, FedEx Same-Day is the only service offering Cargo Van pickup (allowing oversized parts to be delivered).
7. Provide some additional details about your delivery, including the items' value, a delivery description, and an optional reference number. (Tip: your description should comment on the actual items being delivered. The description "Box" isn't very useful!)
8. Schedule the pickup date and time for your delivery. By default, deliveries are set to same-day and ASAP, but you can schedule a delivery for future dates and times if necessary.
9. Select the desired delivery service based on price, pickup time, and delivery time.
10. On the following page, enter the contact information for both the pickup and delivery locations. You'll need to enter a first name, last name, email address, business name, phone number, and pickup/delivery instructions. If you don't know this information for either location, we recommend gathering it before proceeding. RevolutionParts will save the contact info for all future deliveries, so you'll only need to enter this once per address.
11. When you're ready, click the red "Schedule Delivery" button to schedule your delivery.
That's it! Once your delivery has been scheduled, you'll be taken to the delivery page. There, you can see a complete view of your delivery, including a status tracker at the top of the page. If you'd like, you can click the "View Tracking" link to see the delivery on the carrier's website.