If a customer calls you and wants to place an order over the phone, or you want to send a quote via email, use the following steps!
- From your Manage Dashboard top-menu, click on Orders.
- Next, click on the green Create Quote button.
- If you have multiple stores, you'll need to choose which store you are creating the quote on from the drop-down menu, and click Create Quote again.
- You'll need to enter the customer's information. You can either search for their last name or email address on the left (if they've already purchased from you before), or enter their information in the fields on the right.
- You can add items to the order by pasting the desired part number into the part number field on the left, or by typing it in by hand. The part information (including manufacturer, name, and sale price) should automatically populate once you click off of the part number field. You can mark the part as "Free Shipping" and adjust the quantity on the order. Clicking ADD will add the part to the order.
- After at least one part is added, you'll have the option to add the customer's VIN to the order.
PLEASE NOTE: Entering the VIN on the order page does NOT guarantee fitment of parts.
- Add as many line items to the order as you like by entering part numbers and clicking ADD until you are finished building the order. You can also adjust the weights and dimensions of parts directly from this screen by clicking the grey pencil to the right of the dimensions.
- After all line items have been added, you'll need to get the customer's shipping zip code and put it in the "Shipping to" field under the line items. After that, click, GET QUOTES.
- You'll then see a shipping quote for the order, determined by the shipping methods you have available in your Control Panel.
- Clicking on the shipping method drop-down allows you to select the preferred shipping method for this order, and shows the shipping amount the buyer will have to pay for each.
- Once you've aded your line items and selected a shipping method, your quote is built!
- If you don't want to create the order immediately (or the customer isn't ready to buy just yet), you can email the order to the customer as a quote. Click EMAIL QUOTE to bring up a pop-up where you can send the quote to the customer. You can use this prompt to include an email message with your quote, as well as set a quote expiration date.
- Otherwise, if the customer is ready to buy now, click PROCESS ORDER to bring up the Process Order pop-up. Here, you can enter the customer's shipping information.
- Clicking Submit will take you to the next pop-up where you can collect payment. You can input credit card information, or record an offline adjustment if payment has/is to be collected outside the system.
- Leave an internal note regarding the payment collection, and click Collect to officially create the order. After that, you're done! Click on VIEW ORDER on the confirmation pop-up to view the order in the Control Panel just like any other. From there, you can process the order, create a shipment, and email the customer all as you normally would.