The video above shows the Legacy Control Panel, but the process of refunding a customer is the same in the new Control Panel.
When processing a return, you'll usually need to issue the customer a refund. There are two different ways to issue a refund;
1. Orders that are already marked as completed.
2. Orders that are still open but funds need to be returned to customer.
Both of these use cases are outlined below.
Processing a Refund After the Order is Completed:
- Navigate to the completed order.
- DO NOT re-open the order.
- Click the “Process Refund” button in the top right corner of the order page.
- Enter the amount you are going to refund.
- Full refunds can be issued instantly, but may take some time to reflect in the buyer's bank account (as is common with refunds).
- Payment must first settle before refunding partial amount. (NOTE: Payment settlement can take up to 24 hours from time of placed order)
- Add an internal note explaining why you are refunding.
- Click refund.
- Your refund is complete!
Note: The order will remain in the Completed status. The balance will show that you have refunded funds. DO NOT reopen order. If you reopen order, you will need to balance the order to complete order again.
Processing a Refund if the Order is Still Open:
- Navigate to open order.
- Edit the order as necessary to reflect the return.
- Remove unwanted items
- Remove incorrect parts
- Applying a discount
- Decrease shipping amount
- Once the order has been edited to reflect the return reason, you'll see a negative balance under the Payment section.
- Click the "Refund Money" button.
- Enter the amount you wish to refund. The order will automatically fill the box with the negative balance, but feel free to override it as necessary.
- Enter an internal note explaining why you're refunding.
- Click Refund.
- If the refund fails, the transaction may be too old for a direct refund. In this case, you'll need to refund the customer some other way and record the refund as an Offline Adjustment. For questions on this, contact the RevolutionParts support team.
- The balance will go back to $0.00 and your transaction history will show a successful refund.
Your refund is complete!