This article will walk you through how to setup local pickup. Local pickup, gives you customer the ability to pick up their order directly from your store!
- From the Control Panel home screen click on “Shipping” under the helpful tools section
- Click on the “Custom Methods” tab
- Then Click “Add a new custom shipping method”
- Set the Carrier Name to “Local Pickup” or “In-store Pickup”
- From the drop down choose the calculation method. Choose how you want to charge shipping when local pickup is selected. NOTE: Most dealers have free local pickup and the calculation method will not matter.
- Oversized Items method? Select “NO”
- Skip down to countries and choose the county you wish the method to show for.
- Next choose the States/Provices. NOTE: Most local pickup options are for in-state orders only but you can apply to a region greater than your state.
- Is the method Hidden? In the drop down mark “NO”
- Click the save changes button
- Next you will need to add the weight range and pricing.
- Set Min Weight to 0 and max weight to 100000.
- Set pricing depending on the method you chose previously. The calculation method will determine if you charge a flat rate, base price + price per pound, etc.
- If you are not charging enter “0” for any pricing fields.
- Click the add button then the save changes button.
- Your local pickup option will look something like this on the front end of your website.
That is it! Your site is now setup to accept local pickup as a shipping option. If you have any further question you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-779-7278.