Before you can create your first product feed you will need to make sure that all of your accounts have been verified and active. Following the steps below will help with the setup process.
All of the information in the article was provided by Google Support forums. The link to the full article is provided at the end of the article.
In order to use Google Merchant Center you must first sign up for an account with Google. If you already have an account with Google (like Gmail), visit google.com/merchants and sign in to get started.
For first time user of GMC you will need to configure your account by choosing a location and accepting the terms of service
Getting started in Google Merchant Center
- Under the General tab under settings you will need to fill out some general company information
- Website info - your URL must begin with http:// or https:// and include your full domain name. You will have to verify and claim your website URL in your Google Merchant Center account settings.
- Enter you business information
- Enter your customer service contact information and private contact information
Google requires that you site offers a safe and user-friendly experience and you must meet the following requirements.
- Accurate contact information
- Secure checkout process (SSL-Protected)
- Return Policy
- Billing terms and conditions
- Complete checkout Process
Note: All of these requirements will be met if you have completed the RevolutionParts onboarding process. If you have yet to complete onboarding reach out to RevolutionParts technical support to verify that you meet each requirement.
Verifying your website URL
- You will use Google Webmaster Tools to add and verify you website URL. Once you verify you domain in GWT you will link that account the the merchant center through a shared login to both accounts.
For New URL Verifications follow the steps below:
If your site does not already have a verified Google Webmaster Tools account, please follow the steps below to verify your domain:
- In the General tab of the Settings section of your Merchant Center account, click "Verify this URL" after entering and saving your domain.
- You will be taken to Google Webmaster Tools where you'll see various methods for verifying your domain.
- Choose the meta tag verification method and add it to your RevolutionParts admin page. Search for site verification within the admin panel. Copy and paste the Google meta tag script into the RevolutionParts admin panel.
Note: If you do not already have a Google Webmaster Tools account, please make sure to complete the verification steps with the same Google Account that is your login email for Merchant Center for which you wish to verify the URL.
Claim you Website URL
After your website URL is verified in Google Webmaster Tools, you will need to claim the website URL in Google Merchant Center. In order for us to associate your verified URL in Merchant Center, you will have to use the same login email for both your Merchant Center and Webmaster Tools accounts.
You need to claim your website URL in Google Merchant Center after you have verified it in Webmaster Tools. To claim your website URL:
- Sign in to your Google Merchant Center account.
- Click on the Settings link, then click General.
- Under Website URL, enter your site's URL and save. You'll see the site's claiming and verification status display
- Click I want to claim this website to claim the URL.
- Click Save Changes to confirm your changes.
- You should see "Verified" and "Claimed" displayed under your URL.
Information was provided by Google support forums full article can be found here: