When verifying your site for Google Webmaster Tools, you will need to use the Meta tag verification method.
- Log into Google Webmaster Tools at google.com/webmasters.
- Click on the red "Add A Property" button (if you've already done this, you can sip to Step 4).
- Enter your website, including the "https://www." portion, then click the blue "Add" button.
- Click on the "Alternate Methods" tab.
- Select the "HTML Tag" method, and copy the code that appears.
- In a new browser tab or window, log into your RevolutionParts dashboard at manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click on the gear in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Find your desired store in the left-side menu, then click on "Marketing", then "SEO."
- Paste the code that you copied from Google (Step 5) into the the "Google Site Validation" field on this page.
- Click the blue "Save Changes" button.
- Wait for about a minute for the changes to reflect on your site, then switch back to the Google Webmaster Tools tab in your browser (from Step 5) and click the red "Verify" button. If your site doesn't verify, you may need to wait a little longer for Google to recognize the code change. Try again in 10 seconds intervals until Google recognizes the change, at which point Google will say, "Your site has been verified!"
If you need assistance verifying your site with Bing, you can click here to access our article on Bing site verification.