This article will cover how to override the pricing on individual OEM parts. Any parts (or parts prefixes) you add here will get custom pricing that you define, independent of the overall catalog pricing.
- From the Control Panel Dashboard, click on the OEM Catalog icon in the Helpful Tools bar along the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Managed OEM Parts tab at the top.
- Choose the manufacturer of the product you are going to change.
- Enter either the entire part number (if you're changing a single part) or part prefix (if you're changing multiple parts in the same category). If you're using a prefix, it must be at least 5 characters long.
- Choose between the three different pricing rule methods.
- Fixed Price (sets the sale price of the part(s) to a dollar value)
- Cost + (uses the existing Cost of the part(s) and adds a percentage)
- MSRP – (uses the existing MSRP of the part(s) and subtracts a percentage)
- Enter the value ($ or %) you would like to use with the pricing rule.
NOTE: For "Fixed Price," enter the dollar amount for the new sale price. For "Cost +" and "MSRP -," enter the percentage you want the product price to be changed by. If neither Cost nor MSRP exist on a product, you must use the Fixed Price rule to set the sale price.
- Enter the list price of the product(s) (optional but recommended).
- Optionally enter a comment. This is internal only, and is intended to keep record of why you changed the price in the first place.
- Optionally enter a Valid Until Date (mm/dd/yyyy).
NOTE: Once the date passes the rule will be cancelled and revert back to your standard pricing rules. If you don't enter a date, the pricing will remain in effect until you delete the override.
- When you're done, click the "Submit" button to save the changes. The page will automatically refresh.
- Your currently managed parts will populate underneath the form. To delete a pricing override, click the "Delete" button to the right.
NOTE: The pricing change will be reflected on the site immediately. If you do not see the price change right away, clear your browser cache and refresh the page.
You can manually set the Sale Price for any part by following the steps below!
- First, log in to your Manage dashboard on manage.revolutionparts.com, then select the "Products" section from the top-menu.
- In the search bar in the left-side menu, type in the part number you want to edit, and either click the search icon or press "Enter" on your keyboard.
- When the part shows up in the search results, click on the pencil icon to the far right of the product line to edit the part's information.
- Once you're on the product page, use the store drop-down in the upper-right to select the store on which you want to change the price.
- Scroll down to the store-specific product settings and update the Sale Price field.
- When you're finished, click the blue "Save Changes" button at the top of the page.
Important note: This is a semi-permanent price override. A manual override of the product's sale price will supersede any automatic pricing updates, and will only revert to original pricing if you come back to this page, delete the "Sale Price" field altogether, and then save the page. This will revert your override and cause the sale price to be automatically calculated by the pricing matrix for your site.