Setting up wholesalers is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to set up your Wholesale Settings.
- Search for “Wholesale Settings” in the helpful search bar
- Under the “Activate wholesaler discounts at” drop-down, select the “Calculate discount globally” option.
- Next, choose how many wholesale levels you wish to have and enter the discount percentage for each level. For this example, we'll set 2 different wholesale levels.
- You may also want to set a "Cost +" minimum so that your wholesalers can't buy anything lower than your dealer cost. To do that, change the value in the "Cost + 0% Min" field. By default, the value is set to "0" so that you can't sell parts below your dealer Cost.
- Hit save!
You're done setting up your wholesale levels! Now it's time to add some wholesale customers.
- To make a customer a wholesale customer, navigate to the "Customers" section of the Control Panel.
- Search for the customer that you want to make a wholesaler.
- When you find them, click their name to open their customer profile.
- To set a discount, click the "User Access" drop-down and select the level wholesaler that you want your customer to be. Doing this will apply the discount you just created when they check out while logged in.
- Save your changes and you are done!
- When your customer goes to add an item to their cart they will see the list price and then their wholesaler discount price.
How to Setup Wholesalers to be Tax Free
**Note: How to setup wholesalers to be tax free is a two part process
- Type Taxes in the search box
- Click the tab "Add a New Tax Rate"
- Enter Tax Name
- Select Define Tax Zone
- Select Tax Class - General is default
- Select Priority
- Tax Rate % - 0
- Apply To - place a "checkmark" in the box you want this tax rate to be applied to
Applying this Tax Free Rate to you wholesale customer
- Make sure your customer has Registered with your site
- Go to Orders & Customers > Customers
- Search for your customer (Note: you may need to change the "Account Status") to find your customer
- Click on your customer
- Change User Status to correct Wholesaler Level
- Save Changes
Customer Groups can be used to apply discounts to individual buyers that fit into a specific group, such as various levels of wholesalers, businesses, or simply your favorite customers.
To learn how to create Customer Groups or assign an existing Pricing Template to a Customer Group, click the button to expand the section below!
- Log into your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click on the gear in the top-right corner to access your account settings.
- In the left-side menu, click the name of the desired store to expand its settings, then click "Customer Groups."
- Note that Customer Groups are available for Web Stores and your Parts Counter store.
- You should see a page that looks like this.
- Click on the green "New Customer Group" button.
- When the "New Customer Group" menu pops up, you'll need to name the customer group. It's best to use a descriptive name so that you know at a glance the purpose of the group.
- Choose the Pricing Template that you want to apply to your Customer Group.
- If you'd like to give the Customer Group and additional discount off of the template, you can set the discount percentage as well.
Warning: If you add an additional discount, be sure to add a Cost + minimum so that you don't end up selling below cost!
- Choose whether or not this Customer Group will be tax exempt.
- Save the Customer Group.
- You should now see your Customer Group on the page.
To learn how to assign a customer to an existing Customer Group, click the button to expand the section below!
Assigning a customer's account to a customer group requires that they have already created an account on your store. If the customer hasn't created an account yet, you won't be able to assign them to a customer group.
Once the customer has created their account on your store,
- In the top-menu, click on "Customers."
- Search for the customer that you'd like to add to a Customer Group.
- Click on the customer's name from the search results list (or click on the pencil to the far right of that customer).
- Scroll down to the Customer Group drop-down and choose the Customer Group to which you'd like to assign the customer.
Note that you can't add "Guest" accounts to Customer Groups; the customer must have a "Login" account type (meaning they've created an actual account on your site first).
- Click the blue Save Changes button to finish.