Setting up wholesalers is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to set up your Wholesale Settings.
Customer Groups can be used to apply discounts to individual buyers that fit into a specific group, such as various levels of wholesalers, businesses, or simply your favorite customers.
To learn how to create Customer Groups or assign an existing Pricing Template to a Customer Group, click the button to expand the section below!
- Log into your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click on the gear in the top-right corner to access your account settings.
- In the left-side menu, click the name of the desired store to expand its settings, then click "Customer Groups."
- Note that Customer Groups are available for Web Stores and your Parts Counter store.
- You should see a page that looks like this.
- Click on the green "New Customer Group" button.
- When the "New Customer Group" menu pops up, you'll need to name the customer group. It's best to use a descriptive name so that you know at a glance the purpose of the group.
- Choose the Pricing Template that you want to apply to your Customer Group.
- If you'd like to give the Customer Group and additional discount off of the template, you can set the discount percentage as well.
Warning: If you add an additional discount, be sure to add a Cost + minimum so that you don't end up selling below cost!
- Choose whether or not this Customer Group will be tax exempt.
- Save the Customer Group.
- You should now see your Customer Group on the page.
To learn how to assign a customer to an existing Customer Group, click the button to expand the section below!
Assigning a customer's account to a customer group requires that they have already created an account on your store. If the customer hasn't created an account yet, you won't be able to assign them to a customer group.
Once the customer has created their account on your store,
- In the top-menu, click on "Customers."
- Search for the customer that you'd like to add to a Customer Group.
- Click on the customer's name from the search results list (or click on the pencil to the far right of that customer).
- Scroll down to the Customer Group drop-down and choose the Customer Group to which you'd like to assign the customer.
Note that you can't add "Guest" accounts to Customer Groups; the customer must have a "Login" account type (meaning they've created an actual account on your site first).
- Click the blue Save Changes button to finish.