Customer Groups can be used to apply discounts to individual buyers that fit into a specific group, such as various levels of wholesalers, businesses, or simply your favorite customers
Learn how to create Customer Groups or assign an existing Pricing Template to a Customer Group.
- Log into your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click on the gear in the top-right corner to access your account settings.
- In the left-side menu, click the name of the desired store to expand its settings, then click "Customer Groups."
- Note that Customer Groups are available for the following selling channels Webstores, the Parts Counter, and your Plug-in.
- You should see a page that looks like this.
- Click on the red "Create Customer Group" button.
- When the "Create Group" tab pops up, you will need to add a group name. It's best to use a descriptive name so that you know at a glance the purpose of the group.
- Choose the Pricing Template that you want to apply to your Customer Group.
- If you'd like to give the Customer Group an additional discount off of the template, you can set the discount percentage as well.
Warning: If you add an additional discount, be sure to add a Cost + minimum so that you don't end up selling below cost!
- Choose whether or not this Customer Group will be tax exempt.
- Under "Add to Group" you can search up customers to add the customer group. Customers added will then show up under "Group"
Note: in order for a person to have the discout added they ahve to bet aded here cannot guest cannot have login (register on the site)
- Save the Customer Group.
- You should now see your Customer Group on the page.
Learn how to assign a customer to an existing Customer Group
Assigning a customer's account to a customer group requires that they have already created an account on your store. If the customer hasn't created an account yet, you won't be able to assign them to a customer group.
Once the customer has created their account on your store,
- In the top-menu, click on "Customers."
- Search for the customer that you'd like to add to a Customer Group.
- Click on the customer's name from the search results list (or click on the pencil to the far right of that customer).
- Scroll down to the Customer Group drop-down and choose the Customer Group to which you'd like to assign the customer.
Note that you can't add "Guest" accounts to Customer Groups; the customer must have a "Login" account type (meaning they've created an actual account on your site first).
- Click the blue Save Changes button to finish.
1. Go to the selling channel applicable and click on customer groups.
2. Click the pencil icon (edit button) for the customer group you want to add a customer to.
3. Search for the customer under "Add to Group". Once added to the customer group they will show up under "Group".
4. Save the changes made.