RP Shipping Overview
Enhance your dealership's profitability and efficiency with RP Shipping, a suite of three innovative features: Shipping Labels, Shipping Protection, and Same-Day Delivery. Stand out in the market with a cost-effective shipping solution that differentiates your business and helps provide an exceptional customer experience. Explore these features below and revolutionize your shipping process today!
RP Shipping offers dealerships access to low-cost shipping rates from carriers like USPS. Leverage our Shipping Labels to save on shipping and increase profit margins. Key benefits include:
- Cost Savings: Enjoy reduced shipping costs, freeing up budget for other business areas.
- Competitive Advantage: Provide attractive pricing for customers with lower shipping rates.
- Increased Profitability: Spend less on shipping, earn more from sales, and grow your business.
How to Activate Shipping Labels
- Ensure you have a valid payment method on file and automatic billing enabled (learn how here).
- With automatic billing activated, navigate to the Orders page and select an order for which you wish to create a label.
- Once you’ve opened an order, click the “Complete Order” button in the upper right corner to input your shipping dimensions and create your label.
- Once on the Order page, input the dimensions of your shipment (length, width, height, and weight) to see your available shipping rates.
Note: If this is your first time shipping within RevolutionParts, you’ll see a prompt to unlock the USPS rates.
- With your dimensions loaded and your USPS rates unlocked, you will now see RP USPS rates available to complete your shipment
7. Labels generated using RP USPS will be billed directly to your account and appear on each invoice as follows:
Click here for more information on creating USPS labels via RevolutionParts.
RP Shipping, in partnership with Extend, offers dealerships Shipping Protection to safeguard against loss, damage, or theft in transit. Utilize this feature to enhance your shipping process and customer experience. Key benefits include:
- Enhanced Trust: Build stronger customer relationships by ensuring shipment safety and satisfaction.
- Risk Management: Protect your dealership from unforeseen shipping mishaps, maintaining financial stability.
- Time Savings: Save valuable time by streamlining the claims process — no more dealing with carrier claims, restocking, issuing refunds, or handling customer issues.
How to Activate Shipping Protection
- Log in to your account at manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the navigation bar to access your Settings.
- Click "Shipping" on the left-hand navigation bar > click “Protection.”
- By default, all automated Shipping Protection options will be turned off. If you want to turn on this setting, select “Enable” on the “Shipping Protection with Extend” card.
5. By default, the option to include shipping protection in shipping quotes at checkout will automatically be selected. This will add the markup of 1.6% of the order subtotal for the shipping protection fee to the shipping fee for all eligible U.S. orders. Once you’ve confirmed this setting is properly configured, select “Enable this option.”
6. The last step for enabling Shipping Protection with Extend is to review the program terms. Once you’ve finished reading the Shipping Protection Program Terms, you can “Agree” to the program terms.
What to Expect with Shipping Protection Enabled
Once you’ve turned on the feature, the 1.6% markup, paid by the end buyer, will be added to carrier-calculated shipping methods during checkout on your RevolutionParts stores. RevolutionParts then recoups this markup from you via a variable invoice. All eligible orders placed after the feature was enabled will be protected by Extend once a shipment has been created.
On the Order page, you’ll see a “Protected by Extend” tag when an order is eligible for Shipping Protection. Additionally, when the shipping protection fee has been collected on an order, you will see a Shipping Protection line item on the Order page in the RP Platform.
You’ll also notice two changes during the fulfillment process for orders over the minimum order amount. The first change is that “Shipping Protection with Extend” will automatically be selected as the protection type for the shipment. The second change is that “Package is protected by Extend” will be visible in the summary card when shipping protection is included in the collected shipping amount.
For more information on how to use RP Shipping Protection, click here.
Experience the efficiency of RP Shipping's Same-Day Delivery, previously known as Local Delivery. Utilize partnerships with Doordash, Uber, Roadie, Shipt, and others for fast local order fulfillment. Key benefits include:
- Quick Fulfillment: Speedily complete local orders for enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Parts Sourcing Flexibility: Access a diverse network of last-mile providers to source parts from various external sources, expand inventory, and promptly fulfill customer demands.
- Cost-Efficiency: Optimize delivery routes and reduce shipping costs for nearby orders.
How to Use Same-Day Delivery
Same-Day Delivery can be used in two scenarios. It can be leveraged as a fulfillment option to complete an order when the customer lives close to the dealership or can be created as a one-off to send or receive parts quickly, independent of an order.
To schedule a delivery:
- Log in to your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click "Same Day Delivery" in the top menu.
- The Same-Day Delivery page shows you all Active deliveries (if any). You can view deliveries in other statuses by clicking the desired status at the top of the page.
4. Click the red "Schedule Delivery" button on the top right to schedule a new delivery.
5. Enter the pickup and delivery locations. You can enter either business names or addresses.
6. Select the type of vehicle you want to use for your delivery. As of March 2021, FedEx Same-Day is the only service offering Cargo Van pickup (allowing oversized parts to be delivered).
7. Provide some additional details about your delivery, including the items' value, a delivery description, and an optional reference number. (Tip: your description should comment on the actual items being delivered. The description "Box" isn't very useful!)
8. Schedule the pickup date and time for your delivery. By default, deliveries are set to same-day and ASAP, but you can schedule a delivery for future dates and times if necessary.
9. Select the desired delivery service based on price, pickup time, and delivery time.
10. On the following page, enter the contact information for both the pickup and delivery locations. You'll need to enter a first name, last name, email address, business name, phone number, and pickup/delivery instructions. If you don't know this information for either location, we recommend gathering it before proceeding. RevolutionParts will save the contact info for all future deliveries, so you'll only need to enter this once per address.
11. When you're ready, click the red "Schedule Delivery" button to schedule your delivery.
That's it! Once your delivery has been scheduled, you'll be taken to the delivery page. There, you can see a complete view of your delivery, including a status tracker at the top of the page. If you'd like, you can click the "View Tracking" link to see the delivery on the carrier's website.
For more information on how to use Same-Day Delivery, click here.