The RevolutionParts Obsolescence Tool was designed to help you sell more obsolete parts.
Use this tool to identify, tag, and configure custom pricing for obsolete inventory. Then, instantly list those parts across your selling channels.
Watch the video for detailed instructions on how to get stared or follow the directions below.
- First, log into your account.
- Click the gear icon to access Settings. Next, click Inventory and then Obsolete Parts on the left-hand navigational menu.
This is where you will configure rules that determine what makes a part obsolete for your business.
Set your desired filters for Last Sale Date, Last Received Date, BIN, and Source data. Once you’re happy with your settings, click Save.
Please note: these configuration settings are “and” statements—meaning, our system will target parts that match all of the criteria you set.
- Next, update the price rule and tag your obsolete parts. Choose your store from the left-hand navigational bar. Click Pricing access price rules for the store.
- From here, you can add new rule or create a new pricing template. To update an existing template, click “Manage Pricing” next to your desired template.
- Once you’ve selected your template, choose your desired manufacturer from the Manufacturer Dropdown. This may be pre-selected for you already.
- Click “Add New Rule.”
Under “Applies to,” select “Tags.” In the box, type “Obsolete.”
Then, select “Any of the tags listed above.”
Next, select your price rule type and percent.
Enter the percentage value depending on the price rule type.
Please note: For MSRP-based price rules, the number is the percentage off of the listing price. For Cost based rules, it's the percentage over or under Cost.
- Repeat this process for each of your brands.
Please note: once you’ve configured the settings for your obsolete inventory, these parts will remain on the your obsolete price rules until you update them.
To remove, simply visit the Obsolete Parts section of Inventory, remove the filters, and click save. Then, remove the obsolete tag from your price rules.