Use this article to set up a custom shipping method for parts that are outside the average shipping W&D. Here you will be able to add your own base price along with an additional price per pound/item.
- Log into your RevolutionParts Webstore
- From the Dashboard, click the "Shipping" icon in the Helpful Tools bar along the bottom of the page
- Select the Custom Methods tab along the top
- Click the large "Add a new custom shipping method" button near the top of the page (which will expand into the method builder)
- Enter the Carrier Name (what you want your method to be called)
- Calculation Method - choose how you want the method to calculate rates
- Oversized Items Method - YES
- Calculate Shipping Based On - Select from dropdown
- Countries - Select (to select multiple countries: hold CTRL and click each country/state)
- States/Provinces - Select
- Set the Priority (which arranges the methods on the checkout page)
- Hidden - to hide from customers shipping options or not
- Wholesale - only enable if you plan on showing this method to wholesale customers only
- Save. The page will refresh and take you to the Shipping Rates tab for your new method.
- You can edit the shipping rates by min and max weights, base price, and also price per pound/item.
- If you wish to add an additional shipping rate for a different weight range, you can do so at the bottom. Some examples formats are posted below.
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
Set up whatever shipping rates work best for your company. Remember to click the "Save changes" button to lock everything in!
NOTE: This method will only be visible on oversized items that exceed the dimensional or weight restrictions used by your shipping carriers.
Note: A sipping zone and region needs to be set up before you can add a method (How to Set Up Shipping)
- Click the "+Add Method" under the desired shipping region
- Method Type - Select Freight from the dropdown
- Method Criteria
- Allow Hazmat (optional)
- Enter minimum order subtotal (optional)
- Calculation method
- Select from dropdown (Fixed or Based on Weight)
- Fee - base charge, enter amount (optional)
- If Fixed, Additional Fee Per Item - enter amount (optional)
- If Based on Weight, Additional Fee per Pound - enter fee (optional)
- Click the "Add Method" button
- Your new "Freight" method will show as a new line item in the shipping region, and will only be visible to buyers who have oversized items in their cart.