This article will walk you through setting up a custom shipping method for parts that are outside the average shipping weight and dimensions. Here, you will be able to add your own base price along with an additional price per pound/item.
- Log into your RevolutionParts Webstore
- From the Dashboard, click the "Shipping" icon in the Helpful Tools bar along the bottom of the page
- Select the Custom Methods tab along the top
- Click the large "Add a new custom shipping method" button near the top of the page (which will expand into the method builder)
- Enter the Carrier Name (what you want your method to be called)
- Calculation Method - choose how you want the method to calculate rates
- Oversized Items Method - YES
- Calculate Shipping Based On - Select from dropdown
- Countries - Select (to select multiple countries: hold CTRL and click each country/state)
- States/Provinces - Select
- Set the Priority (which arranges the methods on the checkout page)
- Hidden - to hide from customers shipping options or not
- Wholesale - only enable if you plan on showing this method to wholesale customers only
- Save. The page will refresh and take you to the Shipping Rates tab for your new method.
- You can edit the shipping rates by min and max weights, base price, and also price per pound/item.
- If you wish to add an additional shipping rate for a different weight range, you can do so at the bottom. Some examples formats are posted below.
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
Set up whatever shipping rates work best for your company. Remember to click the "Save changes" button to lock everything in!
NOTE: This method will only be visible on oversized items that exceed the dimensional or weight restrictions used by your shipping carriers.
Note: A sipping zone and region needs to be set up before you can add a method (How to Set Up Shipping)
- Log into your account on manage.revolutionparts.com.
- Click the Account Settings gear on the top-right corner of the Control Panel
- In the left-side menu, expend your desired Selling Channel (store), then click Shipping > Methods.
- Click the "+Add Method" under the desired shipping region.
- Set the Method Type to "Freight" in the dropdown
- Method Criteria
- Allow Hazmat (optional)
- Enter minimum order subtotal (optional)
- Calculation method
- Select from dropdown (Fixed or Based on Weight)
- Fee - base charge, enter amount (optional)
- If Fixed, Additional Fee Per Item - enter amount (optional)
- If Based on Weight, Additional Fee per Pound - enter fee (optional)
- Click the "Add Method" button
- Your new "Freight" method will show as a new line item in the shipping region, and will only be visible to buyers who have oversized items in their cart.