Custom products are defined as products that don't already exist in the OEM Catalog. To determine if your part is a custom part, you can search the part # via Products. If there are no search results, the part would be considered custom.
Creating/adding or editing products in bulk is very easy. Here are some of the things you can define in your upload:
If you choose to use the Bulk Loader, you can download the template via the backend:
- Gear > Bulk > Imports > + New Import > Upload Type > Products > Click blue Download File link
CREATING THE FILE:
Once the file template is downloaded, populate the spreadsheet with the data you want to import.
Required data includes PARTNUMBER and BRAND; all other data is optional, but we always recommend uploading weight and dimensions data if you have it.
NOTE: This process will create custom products for any part numbers that don't already exist in the OEM catalog.
NOTE: For data that can be toggled on or off, use TRUE or FALSE in the template. These include fields such as Hazmat, Featured Products, Free Shipping etc.
The data listed below are some items that will vary. We advised entering dimensions to aid in calculating shipping.
- Part Number
NOTE: To update the Product Availability, enter the applicable text exactly as its listed. Text is case sensitive:
- Available for Sale
- Not for Sale
- Call for Price
- Call for Availability
- On Backorder
The template contains all fields available for you to update using the Bulk Loader.
UPLOADING THE FILE:
Once you've added the desired data to your file, save it as a .CSV (not a .xls or .xlsx). Then, you're ready to upload the file onto the system.
- Click the Gear in the upper right.
- In the left-side menu, select Bulk > Imports.
- Click the green + New Import button (a box will pop up).
- Select Products from the dropdown.
- Here, click the "Select File (.csv)" button and choose the file you created earlier.
- Once the file is loaded (which shouldn't take more than a few seconds), select your Target Store. Most updates (like product-level changes including weight and dimensions, discontinued, etc) work best targeting "All Stores," but some (such as sale price overrides) require a specific store to be selected.
- Next, choose how the system should handle the blank fields in your file. Generally speaking, you'll want to ignore blank fields, but you can also use this option to reset blank fields to their default catalog values.
- Finally, click "Upload File."
That's it! Your file should load into the system, which will kick off the process of adding them to your store. It may take a few minutes for your products to be updated.
NOTE: Newly uploaded products will be visible in your website's search after the tool indexes. The search tool indexes every few hours, meaning anything you add now will be visible after the next indexation sweep.