If you want to add multiple products to your site at once and feel comfortable working in Excel, this option may be for you! Simply download the Excel template and input your product data, then use the Bulk Products Loader to upload them.
Making Your Spreadsheet
- Download the bulk products Excel template by clicking here, then open it using Microsoft Excel.
- In the spreadsheet, delete the columns you don't want to update, then enter the information for the parts you do want to update into the corresponding columns.
- Weight is measured in pounds (lbs.) and all dimensions are measured in inches (in.). Also, enter either TRUE or FALSE if marking a part:
- Not for sale
- Own Box
- Call for Availability
- Featured Product
Note: before you can upload products, you'll need to have created a category for them first.
If you have a part that's only going to be in a single category, simply enter the Category Key for that category into the Categories column of the product. If you want to add a product with multiple categories, use two "pipes" ("||" the vertical line found above the "Enter" key on your keyboard) to separate multiple categories.
Part in a single category: toyota-accessories
Part in two categories: toyota-accessories||apparel-and-lifestyle
Part in three categories: toyota-accessories||apparel-and-lifestyle||clothing
Separating categories like this will place the product in each of the categories listed. It is not necessary to list multiple categories if your product is to be nested within a subcategory. For example, a product in the "clothing" category (above) does not necessarily need to also be in the "apparel-and-lifestyle" category that contains it. If you wanted to make the product visible only in the clothing category, you'd just enter that category key into the spreadsheet. Since each category key is unique, you don't need to list the top-level category to make a product appear in a subcategory.
Uploading Your Spreadsheet
- ***Important: Make sure to save your spreadsheet as a .CSV
- If you haven't already, log in to your RevolutionParts Control Panel.
- In the search box on the top-left of the page, type "Bulk Product Loader" and click the highlighted section (or hit enter on your keyboard).
- Select a default category (this will apply to parts in your spreadsheet that don't have data in the categories column, but will be ignored if your parts have a category defined).
- Choose your upload rule (which determines how to handle data in your sheet and data already in your custom catalog).
- Select your .CSV (comma delimited) file with all of your products.
- Click the "Upload file" button.
- Next, you'll map your columns to the correct data (useful in case you rename the columns or want to bulk upload other data such as Meta Titles and Descriptions). Selecting "Skip" will ignore the data in that column. For example, if we had dimensional information we would want to select from the drop down menu and map it to the appropriate data field.
- Finally, click "Update Products" and you're all done! Your upload should begin immediately, and while it may take a few minutes to fully add the products, you should be able to see them in your "Browse Products" view.
PLEASE NOTE that products uploaded today will be visible in your website's search tool tomorrow. The search tool indexes overnight, meaning anything you add won't be searchable until the following day.
If you plan on uploading products in bulk, it may be easier to do the same with images. To do this, you'll need to contact RevolutionParts Support to get your Store ID, then visit this article: How to Bulk Upload Images.
Once your products are added, you can send an email to our support team so we can find the best place to incorporate them into your website's design. Common implementations include a link to the category in the top menu, or individual products featured directly on the homepage. If you want to look at the products before then, click on the "Site Map" link found at the footer of your website. There, you'll find your categories with links to your products.
Creating/adding or editing products in bulk is very easy. Here are some of the things you can define in your upload:
- Part Number
- Call for Availability
- Not for Sale
- Free Shipping
- Local Pickup Only
In order to correctly use the Bulk Loader, you'll need to download the template spreadsheet. The template contains all fields available for you to update using the Bulk Loader.
Once the file template is downloaded, populate the spreadsheet with the data you want to import. Required data includes PARTNUMBER and BRAND; all other data is optional, but we always recommend uploading weight and dimensions data if you have it.
PLEASE NOTE: This process will create custom products for any part numbers that don't already exist in the OEM catalog.
PLEASE NOTE: For data that can be toggled on or off, use TRUE or FALSE in the template. These include fields such as Not For Sale, Local Pickup Only, Discontinued, etc.
Once you've added the desired data to your file, save it as a .CSV, not a .xls or .xlsx. Then, you're ready to upload the file onto the system.
- Click on the arrow to the right of you name on the top-right corner and select "Account Settings."
- In the left-side menu, select Bulk, then Imports.
- Click the New Import button (a box will pop up).
- Select Products from the dropdown.
- Here, click the "Select File (.csv)" button and choose the file you created earlier.
- Once the file is loaded (which shouldn't take more than a few seconds), select your Target Store. Most updates (like product-level changes including weight and dimensions, discontinued, etc) work best targeting "All Stores," but some (such as sale price overrides) require a specific store to be selected.
- Next, choose how the system should handle the blank fields in your file. Generally speaking, you'll want to ignore blank fields, but you can also use this option to reset blank fields to their default catalog values.
- Finally, click "Upload File."
That's it! Your file should load into the system, which will kick off the process of adding them to your store. It may take a few minutes for your products to be updated.
PLEASE NOTE that newly uploaded products will be visible in your website's search after the tool indexes. The search tool indexes every few hours, meaning anything you add now will be visible after the next indexation sweep.