Creating/adding or editing products in bulk is very easy. Here are some of the things you can define in your upload:
- Part Number
- Call for Availability
- Not for Sale
- Free Shipping
- Local Pickup Only
In order to correctly use the Bulk Loader, you'll need to download the template spreadsheet. The template contains all fields available for you to update using the Bulk Loader.
Once the file template is downloaded, populate the spreadsheet with the data you want to import. Required data includes PARTNUMBER and BRAND; all other data is optional, but we always recommend uploading weight and dimensions data if you have it.
PLEASE NOTE: This process will create custom products for any part numbers that don't already exist in the OEM catalog.
PLEASE NOTE: For data that can be toggled on or off, use TRUE or FALSE in the template. These include fields such as Not For Sale, Local Pickup Only, Discontinued, etc.
Once you've added the desired data to your file, save it as a .CSV, not a .xls or .xlsx. Then, you're ready to upload the file onto the system.
- Click on the arrow to the right of you name on the top-right corner and select "Account Settings."
- In the left-side menu, select Bulk, then Imports.
- Click the New Import button (a box will pop up).
- Select Products from the dropdown.
- Here, click the "Select File (.csv)" button and choose the file you created earlier.
- Once the file is loaded (which shouldn't take more than a few seconds), select your Target Store. Most updates (like product-level changes including weight and dimensions, discontinued, etc) work best targeting "All Stores," but some (such as sale price overrides) require a specific store to be selected.
- Next, choose how the system should handle the blank fields in your file. Generally speaking, you'll want to ignore blank fields, but you can also use this option to reset blank fields to their default catalog values.
- Finally, click "Upload File."
That's it! Your file should load into the system, which will kick off the process of adding them to your store. It may take a few minutes for your products to be updated.
PLEASE NOTE that newly uploaded products will be visible in your website's search after the tool indexes. The search tool indexes every few hours, meaning anything you add now will be visible after the next indexation sweep.