The Verify Card feature places a small authorization on the customer's credit card, allowing you to ask the buyer how much was authorized in order to confirm ownership of the credit card. The customer might need to call their bank/credit card issuer to find this amount, as not all authorizations show up online. However, if the buyer is unable to confirm the authorization amount for you, it may indicate to you that the order could be fraudulent.
- In the left-side menu, type the order number into the search box and press enter. This will bring up the order page. (Or get there however you normally do.)
- In the Payment section of the order, click the "Verify Card" link next to the customer's payment method.
- The "Verification Amount" field is automatically populated with an amount that is less than $5. If you wish to change the randomly populated amount, you may do so now. When you are finished, click the "Submit" button.
- This amount will show on the order as a separate authorization, it will also appear in the activity log of the Order Page.
- You will now need to contact the customer and explain that you've placed a small authorization on their account, and let them know how to verify the amount that has been authorized.
Note: Do not share the authorization amount with your buyer, as that defeats the purpose of the security check.
Stores that use this tool extensively are advised to build a Canned Message that explains the situation in order to make this process quicker.
By default, this feature only appears on orders with a billing or shipping address that is outside of the United States or it's protectorates. You may request that our Support Team enable this feature for all orders by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-779-7278.
This tool is provided to assist you in making a decision only. The decision to process and ship an order is ultimately yours. Use of this tool is covered under the Limitation of Liability Disclosure contained in Section 17 of the RevolutionParts Terms and Conditions.
The Verify Card feature has not yet been implemented on the Manage platform. Stay tuned for updates!